Make plans to attend the NAHJ Region 3 Conference “Cultura at the Capital: Covering Latin America’s growing influence in the nation.” The conference is being held on October 12-13, 2012 at American University in Washington D.C. NAHJ is pleased to have the School of Communication at American host the event.
- Opening reception hosted by NAHJ DC Chapter
- Luncheon “Latin America’s growing influence in time of change”
- Hiding online: Using social media to find people and stories that matter
- IRE presents Investigative reporting
- Politics and how Latinos can shape this year’s elections
- La Fuerza de Lenguaje: Examining how Spanish-language media continues to thrive while other news companies are shrinking.
- Film screening of “In Search of the American Dream”, a dramatic film by film maker Baldemar Rodriguez.
Eric L. Olson is a senior associate at the Mexico Institute of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars. Olson oversees the Institute’s work on U.S.-Mexico security cooperation and research on organized crime and drug trafficking between the U.S., Mexico, and Central America.
Baldemar Rodriguez is Houston-based film maker. He will screen his latest movie, “In Search of the American Dream,” during the conference and will be present to discuss his film.
Registration is $40 for NAHJ members, $50 for nonmembers. You must pre-register for the conference on the NAHJ Web site. There will be no on-site registration available.
Pre-registration before Oct. 13, 2012. Pre-Register here>>>
To be redirected to the NAHJ site click here